Thursday 19 July 2012

Rant

I always heard of how people have a different perspective when they know that you are an overseas graduate but I never experience it myself first hand.

I was attending a customer - a husband and a wife - and before they leave, I hand over my card to them. They read it and exclaim proudly, "You are from XXX in Australia?" The wife asked furthermore, "XXX in XXXXX?" I nodded. And that's when I saw it.

It turns out that their children are in Australia too, studying together at a different state. Their eyes showed these proud sparkles when we talk. They seem to have these impressions that I am good at what I do - just because I am an overseas graduate. And somehow there are flickers in their eyes, hoping that their children will turn out as good as I am.

That got me thinking. Perhaps this is how my parents feel whenever they talked about me to their friends. Like this hope and trusts that I will be great. The pride and all.

But I am not sure whether I really do make them proud ...

4 comments:

  1. got one.. haha... how we perceive education and how it is to them is totally different ba.. but usually the older generation, to them its a huge thing ba.. haha..

    are-5th, youre from XXXXX arr? wahhhhh.... -.- *rolleyes* i from XXXXXXXXX leh... cheh... *flip hair*....

    hahahahahahah
    jkjk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, I think that's my parents are thinking when boasting to my uncles with my hooligan cousins. Lol! You make mama and papa proud! :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. And why is there the XXX mention on the card ?

    ReplyDelete
  4. ROFL, same here... its quite amusing but sometimes i fear that there will b the time when reality starts crashing. It is not that big of a deal lol

    ReplyDelete