Monday 19 March 2012

Mother, Mother, Mother

I was on my way to the office. Perhaps a couple of steps more when I heard someone's crying. 

I was expecting that it will be a girl crying, reprimanded perhaps by her parents or maybe she just cried because she did not get what she wants. 

To my surprise it was a woman. A woman in her maybe 50s and her son is consoling her with her grandchildren just looking at her. 

The story begins....

Right across my office at first floor is a health/ therapy centre known as Ceragem. They say that the therapy can do wonders for your health. So, this son is bringing his mother there. Somehow after she alighted her car, she tried to walk on her own instead of getting help from her son which resulting in her tripping. My guess she fell down hard because the way she cried. 

Somehow, hearing her cries really breaks my heart. It makes me ponders whether I'll be able to do a good job taking care of my parents when the time comes just as how they care for me all these years.

"As we grow up, remember that our parents are growing old" - Anonymous

4 comments:

  1. Yeah, that is what we all want..taking care of them when they are old..especially when u are the only son...no one else u can rely on =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I heart my mom. Miss her now...

    :/

    ReplyDelete